Summer is in full swing and that means one thing – air conditioner season! If your air conditioner is on its last legs, here are three signs it might be time for a replacement. Keep in mind, these are just guidelines – if you’re not sure whether it’s time for a new AC or not, give a Medford HVAC contractor a call, they will gladly help you out.
1. Leakage in AC unit
If you notice a leakage in your AC unit, it’s a sign that it needs to be replaced. The leak is likely due to a problem with the compressor, which is the part of the AC unit that circulates refrigerant. When the compressor fails, it can cause the refrigerant to leak out. This can lead to decreased cooling performance and increased energy costs. If you notice a leakage in your AC unit, it’s best to consult with a professional to determine if it needs to be replaced. They can help you troubleshoot the problem and find the best solution for your AC needs.
2. Poor air flow from AC unit
If your AC unit isn’t blowing air as forcefully as it used to, it could be a sign that it’s time to replace it. Weak airflow can be caused by a number of factors, including a dirty air filter, blocked vents, or a failing motor. If you’ve checked these things and the airflow is still weak, it’s time to start shopping for a new AC unit.
3. Over 10 years old
If your air conditioner is over 10 years old, it’s time to start thinking about replacing it. Here are a few reasons why:
- Efficiency levels have increased dramatically in recent years, so a new AC unit will use less energy and save you money on your utility bills.
- Older units are more likely to break down and need expensive repairs.
- Newer units come with features that can improve your comfort level, such as better humidity control and air filtration.
- If your old unit is still using Freon, it will eventually need to be replaced with a newer model that uses a more environmentally-friendly refrigerant.
- And finally, a new air conditioner will simply make your home more comfortable. There’s nothing like coming inside to a cool, refreshing home on a hot summer day!
If you are experiencing any of the signs it’s time to replace your air conditioner, don’t wait to call a Medford HVAC contractor today. Not only will they be able to help you decide if a replacement is necessary, but they can also take care of the installation for you quickly and efficiently. Don’t let the summer heat get you down – stay cool with a new AC unit!