No one wants to think about it, but air conditioning filters need to be changed on a regular basis. How often depends on a variety of factors, including how recent you had air conditioning installation South Jersey, but most experts agree that changing filters every 1-3 months is a good rule of thumb. Failing to change your filters can lead to decreased performance and even component failure. This article will give you more insight on AC filters and how to change them. Read on for more information.
How often should you change the AC filter?
How often you should change your air conditioning filters depends on a few factors, including the type of filter you have and the severity of allergies or asthma in your household. Here’s a look at some general guidelines to help you decide how often to change your AC filters:
- If you have a disposable fiberglass or pleated paper filter, it’s best to change it once a month.
- If you have a reusable electrostatic filter, you can wash it and reuse it every few months.
- If you or someone in your household has severe allergies or asthma, you may need to change your filters more often.
Keep in mind that changing your air conditioning filters regularly is one of the simplest and most effective ways to keep your AC unit running efficiently. So no matter what type of filter you have, be sure to change it on a regular basis!
How to change an AC filter in your home.
Changing your AC filter is a simple task that you can do yourself in just a few minutes. Here’s how:
- Locate your AC unit’s filter. This is usually located behind a grille on the front of the unit.
- Remove the old filter and dispose of it properly.
- Insert the new filter into the unit, making sure that it is positioned correctly.
- Close the grille and return the AC unit to operation.
Changing your AC filter regularly is an important part of maintaining your unit and keeping it running efficiently. By following these simple steps, you can ensure that your AC unit will continue to provide your home with cool air for years to come.
Changing your air conditioning filters is an important part of maintaining your system and keeping your home comfortable. How often you should change your filters depends on a variety of factors, but most people can get away with changing them every 1-3 months. If you have pets or allergies, you may need to change them more often. Contact a South Jersey AC contractor if you have any questions about when to change your AC filters or how to maintain your air conditioning system.